Scary problem solved

cbreemer

I had quite a bad scare yesterday evening. I'd started a new video project, and just after adding some media to the timeline VideoPad crunched to a near halt. Computer fan spinning loudly, VideoPad almost constantly "Not responding", sequence not showing properly, and all but impossible to do anything at all. Tried rebooting and recreating the project from scratch, and other things, all to no avail. I was really fearing that either VideoPad was suddenly borked or my PC was infected by a crippling virus - or maybe both. After a frustrating hour or so of fumbling, it dawned on me what the problem was. The still image I had on the timeline was too big. I mean ridiculously big, some 20000 by 10000 pixels, being a combination of two hi-res color scans. After I had resized that to 2000x1000 pixels all was well again. Phew.... 🙄

I don't know if there is a maximum image size in Text Pad ? If so, would it not be nice if VideoPad gave me an error message instead of going completely haywire and scaring the bejesus out of me ?

Glad you solved it.

Don't forget to Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.   Then you're protected!

And, for large, very hi-def content use the 64-bit version of Videopad.