Sample Rate when Importing

shosty

Hello,  When I import a .wav file, what is the sample rate that it is imported as?  

It may seem like a silly question but in "Project Options" it only gives you the sample rate option for playback and the sample rate for recording.  How do I make sure MixPad imports my audio at the correct sample rate?

For example, I left the project options as "match source" and imported one track that was 44.1 and another duplicate of the first that was 48.  One of them had to be converted because when I played them at the same time, they lined up perfectly.

Which one was underwent a sample rate conversion?

How can I be sure my imported audio files are not undergoing a SRC?  Is that determined by the playback and recording settings mentioned above?  

Thanks.

Hi!

The set sample rate on project options is the same sample rate at which your audio file is imported.

In your example, where in you deal with multiple files with different sample rates, it would be best to set the specific sample rate under project options to be sure that they are matching.

Are you going to use the exported project for audio-only consumption? Or will you be laying them in with visuals?

13 hours ago, EIB said:

Hi!

The set sample rate on project options is the same sample rate at which your audio file is imported.

In your example, where in you deal with multiple files with different sample rates, it would be best to set the specific sample rate under project options to be sure that they are matching.

Are you going to use the exported project for audio-only consumption? Or will you be laying them in with visuals?

Thank you for your response. 

I'll set both playback and recording settings to the sample rate of the file I am importing 

If I have files of different sample rates, I would usually do a SRC in my Izotope RX anyway. It was more of a curiosity question how MixPad handles multiple sample rates if set to match source.  But I understand what you mean...if I set the project settings to a particular sample rate, everything imported will be at that specified sample rate. Thank you for clarifying. 

I do both audio and video. Normally I set video at 48. Audio is usually 48 and up. 

Appreciated! 

2 hours ago, shosty said:

Thank you for your response. 

I'll set both playback and recording settings to the sample rate of the file I am importing 

If I have files of different sample rates, I would usually do a SRC in my Izotope RX anyway. It was more of a curiosity question how MixPad handles multiple sample rates if set to match source.  But I understand what you mean...if I set the project settings to a particular sample rate, everything imported will be at that specified sample rate. Thank you for clarifying. 

I do both audio and video. Normally I set video at 48. Audio is usually 48 and up. 

Appreciated! 

That's great to hear!

Since you do have RX, that's a great way to process your audio prior to final mixing in MixPad.

Feel free to reply should you have another concern you need help with.

Stay safe!