Batch Converter from Command Line?

mamboking

I'm an evaluation user of Wave Pad, I'm using the 14 day trial to determine it can meet my needs.

I'm having a problem figuring out how to run the Batch Coverter from the command line. I want to automate the conversion of a bunch of .wav files to .mp3 format. I'm looking to kick off this conversion in the evening from a script that will run on Windows XP. I can accomplish want I want interactively, using the "Batch" button on Wavepad, however I've been unable to automate this using the command line to it can run from a script. I want to be able to point a a directory... having wavepad convert all of the .wav files to .mp3 files in this directory. I want to specify the certain commands (normalize, ect..) and format options (such as bit rates and channels) and specify the output directory.

Is this a way to do this with Wavepad? I've heard there are other programs such as "Audio Commander" that can accomplsh this, but I would prefer to use Wave Pad since sometimes I have the need to edit the audio files... something Wave pad is great at.

Is anyone doing this? If you are, can you provide an example of how you scripted it? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...