Splice & save to file

Squibbs

Hi.

I have many videos, in various formats, of rock bands concerts.

I want to select all my favourite songs, from the start of the song to the end,  from each concert & put them into individual files.  I will then have my own music video folder of all the songs I love.

Please explain how I can do this in VideoPad. I think I am getting the words 'split, crop, splice. confused.

Thanks in advance.

Squibbs.

Hi

First thing would be to separate out the song/songs you want from your videos.....

Open VP and load a music video (in a compatible format). Once on the timeline and fully cached, move the red cursor line (or play the timeline) until you arrive at the start of the song you want to save. Now split the timeline.

Right click the section to the left of the split and select Delete(ripple)  from the menu. This removes that section. Continue to play the timeline (or move the cursor) up to the end of the song. Split the timeline once again. Now (provided you don't want to save any songs further along the timeline) right click on the section to the right of the split and Delete (ripple) this.

You should now be left with the required song which you can export as a stand alone clip.

Once you have done this for all the songs you wish to save from the different videos, you will have your songs on separate clips. You can now open VP and load all the exported clips, rearrange them as you wish, add transitions/titles etc. and finally export the whole as a new video.

An alternative to splitting and deleting bits of the video (which is logical and akin to handling cine film)  you can preview the video in the Clip Preview window. and then use the Start and End markers (red and blue brackets) beneath the window to isolate the section you require. The timeline will automatically show only that section and can be exported as mentioned above. This has the added advantage in that after the export you can re-adjust the Start/End brackets to isolate a different section of the same video and export that.

Nat

Here's another approach to consider, with the full concert on the timeline...

• Make a split at the start and end of song #1.
  • Drag the song that's between the splits you just created to the clip bin (top-left of the VP window).
  • Repeat for every song to be saved from the concert.
  • When done, clear the timeline/sequence by selecting any clip, pressing <ctrl-A>, then the DEL key.
  • Now drag any single saved bin clip back down to the timeline.
  • Create a new, blank sequence, by clicking the + sign on the Sequence 1 tab.
  • Drag another saved clip onto that new Sequence 2.
  • Click the + sign to create another sequence ... and so on until all each song has been placed in its own sequence.

Click the 3-lined menu at the top-left of the VP window, then FILE | Export All Sequences.  Choose FILE | VIDEO FILE.                                                                                           VP will prompt for exporting each sequence, which you can name prior to pressing CREATE or <enter>.

The result:  Individual songs, correctly named, are saved to your PC - likely in the Downloads folder.

Hi

Here is another approach if the songs you want are all on the same video but mixed with others you don't want.....

• Load the Video
  • Move to the start of first song and split the timeline
  • Move to end of the song and split the timeline.
  • Drag the song you isolated up to Video track 2
  • Repeat for the other required songs.
  • Now delete Video track 1 and Audio track 1
  • Click on and close all the gaps.

Your required songs will all be on Video Track 2.

Now export the timeline.

Nat