11.48 project file not readable on 11.45 or before....

Lancelot Chan

I had to dig through my backup files to get the project file I work with my videos with, that can still be read by 11.32. HEHhehe. I plan to make H264 files for faster export and then upload on youtube, then compress a h265 version for storage with 11.45/48. (Since 11.32's h265 compression is broken)

The MPEG4 encoder with average quality setting is another option.  You may see decent file size and quality faster than H265.

-0-0-

Backward compatibility means newer versions can open older version files, not the other way around.  This is intended behavior.

As for version 11.32 (32-bit), an H265 export test run here succeeded without incident.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/24/2022 at 10:00 PM, borate said:

Confirmed and reported. 

Any idea if this problem has been addressed? I am currently using V11.45.  The time stamp of v11.48 on this page http://oldversiondownload.com/?fbclid=IwAR0_u3upGwNwGiaDU77AdokkBuiTPdxpwpucVzAE_-B80vb7lTmbIB0kJl0 is April 22, 2022 which is before the date on which this post was created. So I am guessing the problem is yet to be addressed?

As far as I know, not yet. So I'm restricting myself to v11.45 for h265 export and v11.32 for h264 export. Dunno why after V11.32, the H264 export is super slow on my computer. So I've to use 2 different versions. :P

Edited by Lancelot Chan
edited the version number to be exact.

Not seeing a slowdown with recent versions.  Please submit a sample project.  Indicate your export settings and how long it takes to complete.

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

As for projects made with 11.48 and later not loading in earlier releases ... that's apparently intended.  Backward compatibility, as noted above, but not forward compatibility.

https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/versions.html

It shows 11.48 being the latest?

So where to get the 11.52 (32bit)? https://content.invisioncic.com/r33241/emoticons/default_biggrin.png got any link?

-0-0-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg7jOACxsDM
I know you couldn't replicate the situation, but the speed difference is huge really as shown here. The last version I can do normal h264 export is 11.32.

11.52 was beta and is no longer offered.  Best to steer clear of test builds unless you're experimenting.

Ran tests on a twenty-minute 1180x664 mp4 @default H264 settings, 46fps.  32-bit.  (11.21 wasn't available - may have been beta.)

11.22    :52 average 54% GPU

11:38    :56 with 50% GPU

11:52     :56 with 50% GPU

Re-exporting may yield slightly different results.

Devs constantly strive for performance improvements but there may be tradeoffs, and with a robust upgrade cycle glitches do creep in.  When confirmed they are quickly dealt with.

Of course, hardware can be a factor.  No two PCs are identical. and your video adapter may not perform the same as mine with a specific release.