Image Stabilization Audio bug in latest version 11.38

Russ Croucher

I'm experiencing audio irregularity in the latest version of video pad 11.38.  I 1st thought the problem was fixed with this version because I I only noticed this at 11 minutes into the file of this particular video so I created a lossless version at 12 minutes and stabilize that version.  The problem seem to work fine so I assumed latest version fixed the audio irregularity.  However, when I stabilize the entire file of 54 minutes.  The audio situation came back.  So I'm looking for a way to solve this problem temporarily and maybe you guys can help.  The link below are the 4 files that are the raw versions and the image stabilize versions under 11.38 with Windows 10.  Maybe you guys can help.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuSetTxgq7JxqO5U0xD-ZpcY7rtceQ?e=JkqanM

Obvious sync issue on the full, stabilized file, which is too lengthy to download and test here.  Hints that the old VHS is throwing things off??

You might try other stabilization settings, or breaking the file up into seqments, for later assembly.

I started with the full version with 11.08 and noticed the problem when the teacher was speaking at 11 minutes into the file.  So then I took that file and cut it down to 12 minutes with a lossless export and then when I re-stabilized it with 11.38 it worked fine.  So I thought maybe the problem was fixed.  But then when I went and redid the full version with 11.38 it the problem still existed.  I may try it again with the full version and different encoder output and see if that fixes the problem.  I know that happen one time before and we standardize on using MPEG for a while the bug in a later version.  I will keep you posted.  Lucky me I have lots of computers for this testing.

-0-

Good news!  The MPEG encoder works fine.  My problem is specifically with the H264 encoder.  So if you set the options to MPEG it all works.  So from now on I'm just going to leave everything set the MPEG.  I've updated the link above to show the 2 full files one with H264 and 1 with MPEG if you want to review.

Unfortunately I have bad news.  I was able to solve the J9 file with using MPEG instead of H264.  However, that did not fix my J18 file.  The latest version no matter how I configure it seems to give me the wrong audio output.  So I took it on myself to use all my computers and figure out what version it works and where it's stopped working.  As it turned out every version before 10.86 work fine.  That means sometime in September 24 to September 26 of last year 10.87 fails.  All version since then do not give the correct audio output.  So something has changed.  Below is the link to my cloud space that has all the files I'm referring to.  I have a file called "j18-org.mp4"  which is the original file.  I will add shortly the output of the last latest version of 11.38 which shows the very much delay in the audio at 58 minutes into the file.

So at this point until the bug is fixed I will stick with version 10.86 which seems to work okay from last year.  Bug fix list that seems to imply what is in current versions are so I can make some decisions about do I incorporate this later version, or wait?
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuSetTxgq7JxqO5U0xD-ZpcY7rtceQ?e=JkqanM

The link above has been updated to include the latest version 11.38 with stabilization in MPEG-4.  The audio is most noted at 58 minutes into the file.  It looks like it's off a good half a minute.  This produces the same result with all versions prior down to 10.86 which works fine.

4/7/2022 - Posted

I also want to make note I copied a DVD (drag-and-drop) with the later versions of video pad 11.38 and the audio was also screwed up.  But everything working fine with the 10.86.

• 3 weeks later...

That's not what is seen here on j9full.mp4 - H264 (defaults) in v11.48.

Still very much out of sync due to discontinuities in the source file.  Perhaps it would help if that were first re-encoded?

This issue is being worked on, so stay tuned for further developments.