Version 11.26 MP4 files are not displayed

soother

Since downloading this new version, MP4 files are no longer displayed. There is no thumbnail, and although the clips seem to play, there is no display, but audio works as normal. File properties also display as normal. See screen grab here

I think others have reported this too. Is there a workaround or fix?

I'm using windows 10, Core I5 processor, Direct X 10. 

Install this version.  Report back if issues persist.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Thank you for your reply. The problem is still there with the version you have linked.

After further investigation, I find that the footage from my camera, which I need to edit, does not display, but some other .MP4 files display as normal. The screen grab here shows the Mediainfo data for two MP4 files. The one on the left displays properly, the one on the right does not.

Also, I am disappointed that Videopad gives a 'Failed to load file' error message when I try to load .TS BDAV format video files from my Sony camera. I need to edit those too.

Report the error.  https://www.nch.com.au/software/bug.html   You might try converting those files to another format prior to VP import.

As for the mp4 that doesn't display, please share it here on in private so someone can take a look.  Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

Thanks for your reply.

The errors have been reported, but I assumed that staff would look at threads here too?

Sony .MTS video files are not a rare format. Surely the prog. should be able to handle them without needing pre-conversion? Both these and the 'problem' MP4 files play in Windows media player Media player classic, and load into other software including Virtualdub and Avidemux.

There is a 10 sec (about 11MB) sample MP4 file here. No need for privacy, it's just a view of the Nile!

Borate.

Please read my last reply. I was editing it as you were posting.

Sorry. I have two Sony cameras, both giving .MTS videos, but different coding. Here is a link to the BDAV type clip. 

All these 'problem' file types are working properly with the 11.22 version.

File corruption is a possibility.  Close VP.  Using Windows Explorer (the file manager) delete all files in these folders, then reinstall Videopad.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

I also am having trouble with .mp4 files.  The video shows frame by frame, while the audio goes at normal speed.  Can I get the link to the previous version 11.22 to try that?

-0-

Tuesday, 9:30 AM

I was able to use Prism to convert the .mp4 files to .wmv files, and they seem to run fine.  Takes time and is a nuisance, but it could be a workaround for now.