video files will no longer play in version 11

RT-script

I recently upgraded to version 11, as a pop up suggested I should (without telling me I would then need to pay), so I've started off on the back foot, and have now found that ExpressScribe 11 will let me load MP4 files, and it shows the file length etc, but neither the footpedal, or the onscreen play arrow work to play them and the video also doesn't show.   No audio, no video, no functionality.    Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and what they managed to do to get around it?    I've now had to download a whole other software system just to carry on working :(    ExpressScribe is still working on other file types (not checked them all, but not had issues so far)

And yes, I have purchased a license after I installed the ES 11, and yes, I also contacted support for help. I have to wait, however, until all the clients who purchased also a support contract are served.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've purchased the licence a few months ago, and cannot work with videos anymore since the update. Is a new update fixing the bug coming soon? can I uninstall the update 11?

It worked fine before, and now, no format works, I've tried plenty.

I contacted support contact several days ago... with no answer...

Did anyone find a solution?

Thanks so much

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem, but it just started in July 2022.  I have Pro version 11.06.  I have only tried mp4, not anything else yet.  Will try other types of video files to see if it makes a difference.  I did start a ticket, but since I have not purchased a support package, it may take a while to get an answer.  Seems to me if I bought the program, they should offer support for it, don't you think?

On 7/19/2022 at 1:45 AM, SULAN said:

I have the same problem, but it just started in July 2022.  I have Pro version 11.06.  I have only tried mp4, not anything else yet.  Will try other types of video files to see if it makes a difference.  I did start a ticket, but since I have not purchased a support package, it may take a while to get an answer.  Seems to me if I bought the program, they should offer support for it, don't you think?

If you are using Express Scribe on the computer, you can try to delete old dictations. Follow the folder path listed in Disk Usage tab. Reinstalling Express Scribe will also help.