Simple and slow zoom of a photo. I think referred to as the Ken Burns effect?

James Young

Hello, I'm familiar with other software and I know this is a user problem. :)  

Alllll I want to do is have a picture displayed and sloooooowly zoom in a bit until the picture transitions. I'm smashing my face on the keyboard here. everything else about this program is very intuitive and great! If I can figure this out it's absolutely a purchase. Thanks in advance, Jim

Pan & Zoom or Ken Burns effect;  they're the same.  In some VP versions, there are presets available via a drop-down box.  Or program your own P&Z.  Adjust the starting box, then click the Select end frame and adjust the ending box.  The speed will depend upon the length of the clip.

Or use the POSITION or MOTION effects and animate the action.  The horizontal distance between keyframes (the dots) determines the speed.  Shorter distance = faster.

Look here for specifics on animation..  http://help.nchsoftware.com/help/en/videopad/win/effects_animating.html

Hi

• Load the clip
  • Apply a zoom effect with two keyframes to the left clip.  Start area and end area. Make the end area to finish at the end of the clip. It will look a bit like this depending on the exact positions of the rectangles chosen.
  • z.jpg
  • Add the transition between the clips

The first clip will zoom in (speed dependent on the clip length) and it will transition into the next clip as the zoom finishes.

Nat