Call Transfer

xunileca

I have vonage with a linksys RTP300 router (2 phone ports). I have read ALL the threads covering call transfers with/without vonage and still am having a problem. I know vonage supports call transfer because I was able to do it with a handset. I have put !,#90 (NUMBER) * for blind transfers and !,#91 (NUMBER), 1 if confirmed and !!, if denied for confirmed transfers. I have set my menu prompt to transfer calls to my cell if the user presses 9. Here is what happens.

I call in from my wife's cell phone.

IVM answers and plays OGM.

I press 9, IVM log shows

00:00 Play file: Z:\wavs\greet.wav

00:05 Caller pressed key [9]

00:05 Command - Transfer

00:05 Dialing: !

00:05 Dialing complete

00:06 Dialing: #9113056284000

00:10 Dialing complete

00:10 Dialing complete

00:10 Play system prompt: TransferQuery

00:17 Play system prompt: TransferQuery

So I hear IVM dial the transfer number and play the TransferQuery message in the receiver of the phone I called in on.

It does not ring the transfer number (my cell never rings).

If I do a blind transfer, IVM simply hangs up.

My modem is a new Zoom 3048c (Conexant chipset).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can get this working, I will definitely be buying IVM. Great work guys!

OKAY,

I read this and have been trying to set the initilization string.

I am going to Device Manager->Modems->Zoom External->Properties->Advanced->Extra Strings

If I put in S29=1, IVM answers, but the problem persists. (two green lights on modem)

If I put in S29=1 +VTD=70, IVM will not initialize the modem (only one green light)

If I put in S29=1 +FCLASS=8;+VTD=70, I get two green lights, but IVM will not answer the call.

So, something is wrong with the init string, but I have not discovered what yet. Pouring through AT command sets has given me quite a headache. They all have "examples", but they are simplistic like "AT&F1&M0", not one combining S registers with + commands.

• 2 weeks later...
I understand that you can make a transfer with your hand set but IVM is a separate device that registers on a connection attempt.

That's not true. I do this with IVM all the time.

To Chris Deam... The correct string for blind transfers thru vonage would be !,#90, number, then # not *

This will allow transfers to be completed.

Markus