Splitting video files into two parts A and B

Russ Croucher

I also want to point out that last week I was try to use that program Windows 7 and did not work because the number of keystrokes to get to the export all sequences must be a little different with Windows 7 over Windows 10.  My solution to the problem then was just use Windows 10.  So I never really looked into the actual problem but I know it did not work with Windows 7.

With 11.85, I was successful with 11.80 I'm going to stick with 11.73 until we have a successful version that works with this new commands.  With the 11.80 they took out the ability to bring up the recent filenames and that's probably was the reason they added 11.85 to add my new key sequence control shift X.  But 11.85 seems to be crashing and not sure what to do.  So for now I'm sticking with 11.73.

v11.80
keystack Alt f Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Enter Enter Enter tab tab tab Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Enter Enter Enter

v11.85
keystack Alt f ctrl-shift-X Enter Enter tab tab tab Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Down Enter Enter Enter

As you can see in the sequence above 11.85 does allow me to reduce a few keystrokes.  However, the bigger one would be in the file export to move the auto match output to the same as the input.  As you can see in the export command I need 13 down arrows to get what I need.  It would be nice they move that up to write below the output so I would have to scroll through things I don't need or if they add one I would have to change it.  It is nice that the 2nd and 3rd sequence to match the 1st sequence output.

Actually in looking at the export all sequences format I would think you'd want to "auto match content".  So this is questionable an unusable feature.  I would think you'd want to match it. This is something that the software developers should think about.

I just tried 11.86 and it is also crashing in the export.  So I need to document exactly what I was doing so the developers will be held understand what I was doing.  But using the exact same program with 11.80 and 11.73 no problem.  So I'm not sure what the batch files doing that doesn't like.  I will keep working on.  I have not added the control-shift-X yes in the sequence yet.  I'm still doing the down arrows.

Okay I have narrowed down 11.86 crashing.  It seems to be related to building the cache file.  It also seems related to the lossless video export which it would use with the auto match input content.  It does not crash when force, a reencoding here is the project file and the input MP4 I use for the problem.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuSetTxgq7JxqYd4deGiMXWutrhBgw?e=WklRsu

Let me explain what my batch file does as I did all of this without it just to make sure 11.80 works fine.  When video pad loads up a brand-new file video is loaded 1st and the audio is loaded 2nd.  Other things are going on in the background which I do not understand but my batch file specifically does nothing  until video pad execution stops.  At that point it starts loading up the exports.  I have noticed that 11.85 and 11.86 the processor is used much better and faster whereas 11.80 only about 50% of the processor was used.

After my lunch here in the states today I will make a bug report.  I have noticed this problem with 11.85 and 11.86 only.  After reviewing the problem with the sequencing I do believe that it should default to auto match input content.  That would save me a lot of down arrows in the export.