Videopad free version limited to three MP4 movies?

roelof

Hi,

I'm a new user of Videopad (still the unlicensed version v11.08) and noticed something which I would call a bug.

I have created a number of MP4 files with Videopad, with the "default" settings: FileFormat MP4, Resolution 3840x2160. Framerate: Variable (smart Max 45fps).

All the files are less than 1 minute long (most are 20 seconds long) !

I want to merge them into one MP4 file with Videopad. I do this by dragging the movie clips one-by-one to the video-track

Now my problem:

If I drag one MP4 into the videotrack --> press export-video --> perfect MP4 is generated

I add another one into the videotrack -->press export-video --> perfect MP4 is generated

I add the third one into the video track -->press export-video --> perfect MP4 is generated

I add a fourth one into the video track --> press export-video --> PROBLEM. videopad will produce a MP4 file of which the first 3 MP4s are included. But the 4 part of the movie is a repeat of the third MP4 with the audio of the fourth.

I add a fifth video into the video track --> press export --> PROBLEM. videopad will produce a MP4 file of which the first 3 MP4s are included. But the 4th part of the movie is a repeat of the third MP4 with the audio of the fourth. And the fifth part of the movie is again the 3rd movie with the audio of the fifth.

I add a sixth video into the video track --> press export --> PROBLEM. videopad will produce a MP4 file of which the first 3 MP4s are included. But the 4th part of the movie is a repeat of the third MP4 with the audio of the fourth. And the fifth part of the movie is again the 3rd movie with the audio of the fifth. And the sixth part of the movie is again the 3rd movie with the audio of the sixth.

Etc, etc

I tried it for 18 clips varing in length from 8 sec till 1 minute. All have the same problem. 

Anybody else encountered this problem? (and even better: has a solution I can use?)

update: 

It seems this problem only occurs when I try to generate a 4k MP4 output file.

When I create a 2k MP4 output there is no problem.

• borate changed the title to Videopad free version limited to three MP4 movies?
  • 1 year later...

It seems like Videopad might have a quirk when it comes to exporting 4K MP4 files, especially when you have multiple clips. Sometimes, the software can behave unexpectedly with certain settings.
If you're open to trying a different approach, you could consider exporting your project in 2K MP4 format, as you mentioned that it works fine with that setting. This could be a workaround until the issue with 4K MP4 exports is resolved.
If you're taking a break from troubleshooting, you might want to check out what movies are playing right now. It's always a great way to relax and unwind.

3 hours ago, jamaag21 said:

Sometimes, the software can behave unexpectedly with certain settings.

Install this release.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee is required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.  If there's an issue, you can always revert.

Does it still occur?  Specifically, what's wrong and at what settings?