MIDI to WAB or MP3 to WAV or...

flaca13

I have been trying to put music in my PPT to travel to others. They cannot hear my music :lol: because my sound files are stored in my PC. So I learned that "dah" I needed to have a WAV file to travel and others can listen. However when I converted a MIDI to WAV the WAV is so big that I cannot send it. 1) What would be the best way to send music to travel with the PPS, 2) if I have an MIDI how can I convert it to and try to compressed it so it won;t be big in a wav file, 3) what other options do I have. This is driving me nuts and I want to be able to have this done by Wednesday if possible. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!!!

you cant go smaller than midi, because midi files contain only musical notation, and it relies on your sound card to read in the notes and create music with it. no other audio format does this, all the others store the entire music in the file itself (for obvious portability reasons).

if you want the .wav file to travel in the PPT file, I believe there is an option in the Powerpoint options/settings which lets you set the maximum size for embedding files into a presentation. I believe the default size is set to 100k, which means anything over 100k will not be embedded, it will instead just link to the file on your hard drive. So to solve the problem, just increase that number to something bigger and re-add the wave file into your presentation.

I am unfamiliar with what audio formats PPT supports, but also try converting to mp3 and put that mp3 into your presentation.