Video but no audio

Vince-C

I have had this problem for over a week now.  The only way I can get audio is to first go to Prism Video File Converter, and then take that file after conversion and use Video Pad, but this just started and when I do this, the audio and video are not totally in sync.   I get a flat line on my audio track no matter what I do, other than doing a file conversion first, which should not be necessary.  Any Ideas?

You tacked onto an old thread, where audio issues mentioned may have been fixed.  So a new one has been started.

What version of VP is running?  Look at the opening screen or the left-bottom of the window.  What is the format of the file?

Open OPTIONS | MEDIA tab and UNcheck this box...   image.png

Then close VP and reopen without loading any files.  Open OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.

Close VP.  Now try your project again.

You can also try this version.  If the problem persists, we need to see the file...

It's easy and can be private.  Upload the file/s to a free server, such as Google Drive or MS OneDrive, get a shared (public) link, copy the link and paste it here or to me in a Private Message via the mail envelope in the top-right corner of this forum.  When using Google Drive, if necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

• borate changed the title to Video but no audio (Vince-C)

Running 11.08.  Tried clearing Cache but still the same.  I tried everything in the thread except loading the new version you refer to, which I will try tomorrow.

Thanks and will check back tomorrow.

-0-0-

Hi Borate, actually I just loaded the new version and it seems to have fixed it so Thanks a million.  I will try a few more files tomorrow just to make sure.  Thanks again.

• borate changed the title to Video but no audio