Wrong merge on lossless exporting

EtoDem

Hi

By adding two files in cascade and exporting as "lossless", the generated file has the right duration (the sum of the two single files) but the second part is a repetition of the first video.

Tested with videopad 11.08 (purchased) 

Repro:

Download my two example file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lea9e40qy6asfg7/VideoPadReproBug.zip?dl=0

Add file 1.mp4 (red  8m00s) & 2.mp4 (Blue 7m20s) to the sequence.

Export Video -> LossLess Video -> Confirm without changing anything.

You will obtain one single file (15m20s) and it's only red without the blu part.

If you choose to reencode it works but I like the lossless feature :)

Matteo

--> I think there is a problem.  <--

I never see this issue until now.

Testing your "private build" attatched to previous forum message, concatenating 2 video and exporting all as "lossless", after after a reasonable conversion time the output file is NOT a valid video.

VLC can open it but the video is blank!

You can do the fastforward/fastbackward tracking of video, the file itself is readed as "video file" and not simple garbage,  but VLC doesn't show anything. Black video. No sound.

Matteo

Trying with the latest public version 11.08 when I try to export to lossless format videopad says

"The video source does not meet the requirements..."

Same 2 video of my previous post.

ok. preventing lossless export is better than doing it and having a corrupt video :)

As noted earlier, 11.08 lossless has a bug.  Use the linked 10.96, above.

Don't feel an urge to update if the version you have is doing the job.  It's wise to give new releases some time - to see if quirks surface.

But they can always be test driven - licensed or not - to check out new features and improvements.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Since my bug report based on "one month ago release 11.08", versions 11.10, 11.11, 11.14, 11.15, 11.17, 11.18 have been published but the changelog says nothing.
How do I know when I can update version 10.96 to the new one if the changelog doesn't say what has been fixed? :)

Thank You

Matteo