Licensing Restrictions using Windows 7 and Windows 10 Dual-boot

Russ Croucher

I am now configuring my computer to use a dual-boot Windows 7 and Windows 10 on the same machine. This is because of a bug that I found with the image stabilization process that Windows 7 reports the wrong information but Windows 10 seems to fix the problem. Here is a link to the problem.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuSetTxgq7JxqMYTTk4DnG9fqasxcA?e=Hq0fT9

It seems that Windows 10 fixed a bug that Windows 7 reported the wrong size of the file. In working with 640x480 this is not a problem. It's when I have to work with miniDV and Digital8. However, it seems that the licensing issues are NCH seems to think it's 2 different computers. I wonder if anyone has experienced this type of problem. I have other issues that I need to use Windows 7 because Windows 7 is my workhorse machines. And I like to have license computers for all these.  My Matrox card use Windows 7 for all of its analog work and they have migrated to all digital which is not good for my older analog systems. Windows 10's has couple good improvements but because of my backup Acronis images I create for backups I don't want updates. You cannot turn update off with Windows 10 (Microsoft in their wisdom).

What should I do? Is there any way to get NCH to treat this as one license?