Bug: occasional failure to save capture to disk

Gronker

Greetings,

I am using a licensed version (7.31) of Debut, which generally is a well-designed and well-behaved program.

However there is one small but annoying bug that occurs on the rare occasion, which is the failure to finish the recording sequence on pressing Ctl+F10, and instead give the warning "Recording very short videos in some codecs can produce invalid movies", despite the recording time being in the 5-10 minute range. Checking the directory also shows no file at all has been saved (unlike a "normal" too-short recording duration, which normally leaves a file of a size around 10-20KB).

At first I assumed the fault was mine and I was not pressing the correct key combo (ctl+F9) to start recording, after which time I would always watch for the blue dotted lines around the capture area, to confirm I didn't mis-press the start key-combo.

• 7 months later...

Bug still occurs for me, a year after first using Debut.

For the benefit of anyone googling the same problem, I suggest my "fix" - after starting Debut (either from a desktop icon or the Start menu), press Ctl+F9 to start recording, wait a few seconds, then Ct-F10 to stop recording, then dispose of this "test" recording later. If this bug is going to occur it will always be while attempting this very first recording after launching the app (at least from my experience with Debut)

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2022 at 1:04 PM, Gronker said:

Bug still occurs for me, a year after first using Debut.

For the benefit of anyone googling the same problem, I suggest my "fix" - after starting Debut (either from a desktop icon or the Start menu), press Ctl+F9 to start recording, wait a few seconds, then Ct-F10 to stop recording, then dispose of this "test" recording later. If this bug is going to occur it will always be while attempting this very first recording after launching the app (at least from my experience with Debut)

Hi Gronker! New versions of the software were released. You may try downloading the latest version (v8.71) from this link: https://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/debutpsetup.exe

If you encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to submit a Technical Support ticket so we can provide necessary assistance. You may submit a ticket on this link: https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html