Speed Change Truncates Clips Instead of Speeding them up

All_Funnies_and_Games

I recently updated to 10.96 after my old version started having issues. When I right click on a clip in the timeline and select "Change Clip Speed" to try to speed the clip up, it doesn't actually speed the clip up. So, if I try to set a 15 minute clip to 3 minutes, it doesn't speed it up at all, and instead just cuts off everything after the 3 minute mark. Has anyone else been having this issue, and is there anything I can do in the settings on my end to make this work? The NCH still claims that there's a down arrow next to video effects for doing this, so that's pretty outdated for trying to get this figured out.

Hi

"....The NCH still claims that there's a down arrow next to video effects for doing this, so that's pretty outdated for trying to get this figured out....."

In 10.43 There is a horizontal arrow under the menu tab Video Effects ...

z.jpg

...and also a Speed Change effect option if you use the FX box on the timeline. Both link to the same control window......

zz.jpg

Setting the speed to 300% should show the Duration value alter, but click Set to fix the new value. You can also directly change the current duration value to the new required duration.

The timeline clip should then immediately shorten to this value and fully play  at the new speed  but it should NOT simply truncate. 

Nat