Videopad keeps freezing while exporting

RenderSys1608

Recently videopad has been using up all of my cpu without any thing that seems to be loading and just lagging. It hasn't even been exporting videos as it seems to freeze in the middle of doing so. I've tried to splice and change effects at those freeze points but nothing is working. It cannot even close properly and will run in the background, I am using the lastest 10.96 version.

Thanks to this I have lost over 5 hours of school video editing.

If you Save AS regularly, nothing will be lost (but for time).  Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  From the HOME tab, that choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the Save Project button on the toolbar.

Install the 64-bit latest version, and report back whether this solves the issue.

If it does not, please share your project.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hi RenderSys1608,

We are struggling to find the cause of this issue since no one in the team is able to reproduce it.

It would be nice if you could share the project files to us so we can check it out.

Please PM me with the link if you want the files stay private.

Thanks.

This would be difficult since I decided to permanently delete the project file and use kdenlive. But after reinstallation of the latest version, it still lags. I tried recreating what I made and it was using about 25% of my cpu on doing nothing (I haven't even imported my files). After importing and waiting for each of them to load, I started to recreate what I did and videopad was lagging to just show the preview. This didn't happen on my old laptop which had worse specs than I do now. I currently use Win 10, i3-1115G4 with Intel UHD Graphics 8/256GB.

An I3 is not an optimal processor for resource intensive video editing, but does okay on simple projects.  Very high-def files, complex effects and lengthy efforts can be a struggle.  Are you using the 64-bit VP version linked above? 

As requested, please upload what you have that demonstrates the issue, per the above instructions, so the project can be analyzed.  Post the link here, or in private to me or c_major.  Before loading the project, click OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.

Thanks.

• borate changed the title to Videopad keeps freezing while exporting

I used the 64-bit VP and I used proxy files, I didn't even use a lot of effects other than fade in and out at the start and end of the video. I was supposed to compile the video of my friends and I dancing so other than having a lot of video overlays, it shouldn't be that bad especially when I had made a timelapse of a video worth of 3 hours using videopad along with effects and overlays on my old laptop.