Video and sound out of sync on DVD transfers (Popocatepetl)

Popocatepetl

Well, I'm here in 2021 and using VP 5.11 and I can't sync my videos. These are videos uploaded from DVDs - both commercial ones and home-made ones.  Mostly I just want to put my video collection onto one big drive.

For short videos the problem isn't apparent.  But for any video over about 30 minutes the video lag is obvious and painful to watch.  The thing is, both the video and audio track line up at the start and end, so I can't figure out what is going on.

It's all very well discussing versions, formats, video and audio cards etc.  This ought to work absolutely fine in any half-decent computer from about 2013 onward, frankly.

If there is an obvious fix, please, somebody hit me with it, but otherwise I'm just going to start asking around for better software.  If I have to pay for an upgrade then I'm just going to shop around, 6 month grace or not. This all just damages confidence in the product.

New thread begun.

VP 5.11 is ancient.  Many changes and fixes have been made since its release.  Please update to the latest.  That version, unlicensed, will be a trial.  When that period ends some features may be disabled, with prompts to license.  If mp4 export is blocked, try AVI.

When it is uninstalled via Windows PROGRAMS AND FEATURES you may be offered the option to continue with the basic free version, which can also be had here.

If this doesn't solve the sync issue, please share a project (not the exported result) that does this.  Someone will take a look and come up with a fix.

The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Video and sound out of sync on DVD transfers (Popocatepetl)