How to get rid of black side shadow when two video clips are put into one frame side by side

Vahraz

Hi all,

I am trying to add different video clips (portraits) into a frame (this is for a choir singing exercise), but when I put some of the clips side by side, the common side of the two clips goes black. This is not due to the black background i.e. when I add a white background, the black side effect still exist. This should be happening because of a kind of shadow effect I guess.

Anybody know how to get rid of this?

Thanks Guys 🙏

Install the latest VP version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Please share your project.  Someone will take a look.  The process is easy, quick and can be done privately.  Just follow these steps...

•     Back up --- With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  •     Upload ---  Use a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.* - to upload the saved, numbered FOLDER.    Do NOT upload the individual VPJ or export file. 
  •     Get link --- Get a public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. If necessary change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view" 
  •     Share ---     Click COPY LINK | DONE.  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum to message it privately to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Here are two stacked 9x16 clips positioned side-by-side on tracks 2 and 3, over a blue still background on track 1.  There's no black border between them.

Hi

There should be no black between properly positioned clips unless it exists in the the clips themselves.

Use the Position effect to place the clips side by side and centre them. Monitor the result in Sequence Preview. Setting dual displays makes thing easier. There should be no black or grey bar between them.......

z.jpg

As you are using portrait clips the total AR even when placed side by side and centred as above, will not be the same as the full frame so there will be black borders to each side unless the clips are scaled up to eliminate them in which case you will lose the top/bottom.

If you are not bothered about a black bar between the clips then use the Split Screen effect on both with Horizontal 2  layout.....

zzz.jpg

If you don't want a black bar between them then set the Resizing Mode  control to Fill Region the clips will fit side by side with some sides (top/bottom) cropped. Use the Bias values to re-position each clip in its box to best suite the subject matter...

zz.jpg

Nat