Problem with video clips 'jumping' after going through a TRANSITION .. help please!

Hugh-AR

When making up my video I found some 'jumping' taking place in some clips after TRANSITIONS.  I have tried changing the time of the Transition (2 secs is what I had) and tried different Transitions .. but the video clip still 'jumps' directly after the Transition.  I am aware that watching the completed video directly from the program is not always 100% .. but this usually resolves itself when exporting the video as MP4.  For this one it hasn't, and I have uploaded the video I have done to YouTube so you can see what these 'skips' actually look like.

https://youtu.be/tRAl6ys_RNE

The skips are at the start of the Milky Way clip; and the one just after it of the green world with the moon and the asteroid.  In fact, this second one actually does a 'backwards' skip before moving forwards again!  I got both these clips from Pixabay, and before you say the original clips must be flawed .. no, they are not.  They play perfectly individually; and I am also making the same video using VideoPad (which I have also bought) and am not having this problem when doing the video with this program.

I'll post a Reply with the VideoPad video in it so you can see what the video should look like.  Looks to me like there is a flaw in the PhotoStage Professional program, which is upsetting as I have paid for it.

Hugh

I have used the same clips to do my Never Ending Story video, but this time using VideoPad.  No 'jumps' in this one!

https://youtu.be/7HTOWO38iec

But I do find PhotoStage Slideshow easier to use as a program, which is why I bought it.  So how do I stop it 'jumping'?

Hugh

Try to do a clean install and delete all the cache of the program. Uninstall your software first, then go to the folder location below on your computer then delete the PhotoStage folder folders:

C:\ProgramData\NCH Software
C:\Users\(Your computer profile)\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\PhotoStage

If you can't find the AppData folder, set Windows to show hidden files and folders with the steps from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files.

After deleting the PhotoStage folder, restart your computer then install it again from here: https://www.nchsoftware.com/slideshow/index.html

Dann,

Thank you so much for replying to my post.  I could probably have a go at doing what you suggest, but will downloading the same program again make any difference?  Another thing I was concerned about was .. if I delete all traces of Photo Stage from my computer will I end up with an Unlicensed Version and have to pay for it again?  Or will my Registration Code work?  Will this count as one of my 'uses' of the Registration Code meaning I am heading towards having to buy it again?

What I have done is to download the program again from the NCH PhotoStage website without deleting the previous one, run it, and I see now that I still have a Licensed version without me having to do anything.  My previous version was v8.56 and what is showing now is v8.61.  Unfortunately, this hasn't made any difference to the problem of the video clips 'skipping' backwards.

But I have done a bit of research into the problem of 'jumping' video clips and have come to the conclusion that it only 'jumps' when the start of the clip is 'moving' (obviously, as if it's static it skips from one static part to another so there is nothing to see).

What I have done is to put a 'moving' clip onto the Story Board, then very slowly move the red cursor line to the right until the 'scissors' appeared.  I then cut the video at that point, which gave me two separate clips, the one on the left being 0.1 seconds and the one on the right being the remainder of seconds.

Then on the left of the 0.1 second clip I put a Circle Transition.  The Transition between the two split clips I put as No Transition (if the program has put one in you can do that by clicking on Remove on the Transition page).  I then ran the Preview, and instead of 'skipping' backwards the clip just hesitated slightly before moving forwards.  So in the video I put up in my original post, I have been through all the video clips that were causing me a problem with 'skipping' and have split them all into two by cutting with the scissors at the very start of the clip, putting a Transition to the left, and No Transition between the two separated clips.  Exporting as an MP4 I have put it up on YouTube so you can see how this has ended up as compared with the original.  Not as 'smooth' as the VideoPad one, but certainly very acceptable as there is now no 'jumping backwards'.  In fact, in the Milky Way clip near the beginning the transition is perfect ... no hesitancy or jumping at all!

https://youtu.be/BOFG-M9209w

Hugh

Dann,

Thinking about it, the NAME of this program is PhotoShop Slideshow.  Maybe therein lies the clue.  Video clips are not SLIDES.  So if I am doing  a video with my photographs (ie Slides) then I can happily use PhotoShop Slideshow.  If I am putting in VIDEOS then the program to use is VideoPad (which I have anyway).

I think maybe I am trying to do things with PhotoShop Slideshow that it is not programmed to do.

Hugh

When using PhotoStage Slideshow it was the clip of the 'green world' that always 'jumped' after a Transition, so I thought I would do a DEMO showing this.

First appearance of the green world; NO TRANSITION, so runs smoothly.

Second and third time it appears, I had a Circle Transition going into it.  In my PREVIEW within the program it 'jumped'.

In the final clip of the green world, I split the clip into two: 0.1 seconds on the left and 9.9 seconds on the right. Then put the Circle Transition on the left of the 0.1 seconds clip, and NO TRANSITION between the two clips. In my PREVIEW within the program, this has made it hesitate slightly before moving forwards.  But at least no 'jumping'!  So quite acceptable.

Now ...

Having Exported it as MP4 there is NO JUMPING anywhere.  So this DEMO below does not show what was going on in the PREVIEW.  The Program has removed all the 'glitches' when converting to MP4.  Click the LINK below to watch what has ended up as perfect Transitions into that green world .. no 'jumping'!

https://youtu.be/oJMzDBhQXwI

Hugh