Recording Up to Two Sound Sources Only

Lyam

I currently have WavePad, and for editing and slightly adjusting some audio aspects, it’s pretty good. 

Now, I’m wanting to record either one or two sound sources — a  speaker (audiobook reading), or a singer and pianist. WavePad allows one to adjust compression, threshold, ratio, attack, etc. However, if I want to adjust threshold, ratio, output, boost gain, attack and release, Wavepad seems only to permit round-number adjustments. I've seen a tutorial on the concepts of compression, EQ, and so forth.

What NCH software allows fine audio adjustments toward what Waves offers without being more than I need or want to pay?

For multi-track recording, I would recommend you to use MixPad. Simply load existing audio files, or record new files into MixPad, adjust the volumes, pans, fades, add effects and mix your audio clips down to create a single high-quality audio file. It is the digital equivalent of using a multi-track recorder and mixing desk. These are the features included in the program:

Driver support for ASIO, DirectSound, MME.
Unlimited tracks.
Support for MIDI playback.
Pan and volume envelope automation.
Intuitive, simple graphical interface.
Independent volume, pan and effects for each track.
Independent audio input and output routing for each track.
Supports a large number of file formats including wav (multiple codecs), mp3, ogg, flac, vox, gsm and many more.
High accuracy for precise mixing.
Drag and drop existing files straight into the work area.
Includes a CD ripper to load audio directly from an audio CD.
Includes a high quality sound recorder which supports autotrim and voice activated recording.
Integrated with Wavepad sound editor so you can conduct advanced editing on your files without having to save your files in between.
Solo and mute feature on each track.
Add multiple chained effects to each track.

You are welcome to install the trial version and confirm if it works for you: https://www.nch.com.au/mixpad/mpsetup.exe