Switch stopped converting audio files

joshmacde85

Are you having this issue just with FLAC files? Can you please make sure those FLAC files can be play outside Switch, just to make sure they are not corrupted? If you are able to play them no problems, please reinstall the program from this link and let us know the outcome: 

For Windows: https://www.nch.com.au/components/switchsetup.exe

For MAC: https://www.nch.com.au/components/switchmaci.zip

• 3 months later...

Hello, I'm having the same issue.  I bought Switch, converted a handful of FLAC albums to MP3 successfully, and suddenly every FLAC file throws an error when I try to convert.  "Converting Audio File:  Unable to open file of type '.flac' is what it says in a popup when it fails.  This is on a Mac, and looking for Switch-related logs in Console when I get that popup, I see the error "ExtAudioFile.cpp:192:Open: about to throw <private>: open audio file"  but that's it.  The files do open and play successfully, within Switch and without.  Switch can play them and read the tags just fine.  I also get the same error when trying to convert known-good files again, the same originals that I successfully converted just minutes before, when it was still working.  I've tried restarting, and re-installing, with no change.  This is a huge bummer because it was working so well!!  Right up until it stopped working.  But I was only able to convert 11 albums worth, and I have hundreds I was planning to convert with this..!   Perhaps I didn't uninstall it properly, is there more to it than dragging Switch.app to the trash?  Because on a reinstall it seemed to know it was registered still.  Please help, I was so happy with this when it was working well!  

Have you tried saving the converted files on a different folder on your computer to discard issues with the storage location?

Also, for this type of specific issues, you may want to contact the NCH Software support team.