I’m working on a project right now, and recently, I’ve been experiencing issues with the audios of my video clips.

I bring multiple MP4 files into VideoPad to use as clips, and I’ve noticed for some of these clips, their audio is just flat-out gone.

When I play these MP4 files as they are on my desktop, they have no issues, but it is only after I put them in VideoPad that their audio just goes missing. In the Audio Track, it just shows a thick bar rather than the sound waves, and when I zoom in, they just turn into a straight line.

What could be causing this issue? It’s really annoying me, and I can’t complete my project as is. Any help is appreciated.

Update to the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the issue persists, upload a file or two that has the problem and someone will take a look.  Use Google Drive, MS OneDrive or other free server, get a shareable (public) link, copy that link and post it here on in private to me via the envelope at the top-right of this forum.

If using Google for the upload, be sure to change "restricted" to "anyone with link can view."

I've used the link that you posted, and it says that I'm using v8.99 now. From the looks of it, the files seem to be working fine, and I can hear the audio to the aforementioned clips. 

I'm guessing that what I'm using right now is the trial version. Would I still be able to upload at the highest resolution possible, or must I purchase it anew? I've lost my original Gmail account, so I can't find my registration key code, and in turn, can't get the discount.