How to manage "you have saved recordings" ?

meditask

Friends,

Need you help urgently. We have recently installed DialDictate 4.05 on Windows XP. It is setup to FTP voice files to another FTP server via Internet (LAN).

It was working fine. Something has changed and now we hear "You have saved recordings" when we dial into the system. Also the voice files are not getting compressed and uploaded to the FTP site. They are simply stored in the User Folder.

User Settings are correctly setup with option to Upload via Internet (FTP).

The log message does state that "User sent dictation" but after that it does not upload the files to FTP Server.

Any help is truly appreciated !

Thanks !

- Al

• 2 weeks later...

You get this prompt if you recorded something and then hung up without pressing [*][1] to send it. I have had times when there is a very small file in saved recordings and DialDictate has a hard time playing it to the caller. From time to time I search through my user folders and delete any saved recording files under 75K. A 75k file is probably large enough to record the click of a hang up.

I do not use FTP so I have no answer for you on why your recordings are being sent. I think there may be an option under the DialDictate menu there is a clear pending sent files and a reatempt pending sent files that may help you but other then that, I am not sure what is causing your problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Two reasons this could happen.

1. The author isn't sending the files. Thus Make sure you adjust the setting in Dial Dictate "Send files if author hangs up" to be checked. Also , under record menu keys make sure that there is a key available to "Send and Hangup" and have the authors use that key

2. This can also happen if your FTP settings have changed and the software isn't moving the files. To overcome this recheck your settings and firewall.

If some of the files are getting through then it's most like the first reason.

If none are getting through then it's the second reason.

• 8 months later...