Update gives no warning of charge!

Gregd

I was invited to update Videopad. They don't warn when an update will incur charges. I've now paid for my first version AND another update earlier this year. TWO QUESTIONS - How many updates before they charge for ANOTHER version AND, how do I rollback to the version I was using BEFORE I downloaded the update just now? (I wasn't aware I have no restore points set in Windows)

Grateful for any help and replies. I'm so fed up with this 😡

Thanks Dangerfreak. I've done that now. I found my recovery codes by searching my email, I'm now Just trying to figure out that code updates my software to the last version before the next chargeable update. I THINK it does. 
I'd really like to know what the criteria is for when updates become chargeable. It's also extremely annoying to download and install the update BEFORE they tell you you need to pay for it! Any thoughts Dangerfreak? Thanks 🙏

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  Re-registration won't be needed.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Your purchased installer should be here:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"  or similar path without the (x86).  If not, use Dangerfreak's link, above.  Ignore any virus prompts.

Normally, before installing a newer version, if it's been more than six-months since purchase there will be a warning prompt that your registration will no longer be valid.

There's no mandate to upgrade.  Stick with what works for you.  It's wise to export with a version released close in time to the one that created the project.  Any unlicensed version can be test-driven, to see if there are new features, or quirks.  Some features may be disabled.

• borate changed the title to Update gives no warning of charge!