Project file .vpj is very large

MarcDL

I'm editing and the project itself is already 33 minutes. Before I open the .vpj-file I wanted to know how many kb it's already. The project has now VPJ - 1,9MB. Is this normal for a vpj-project? 

I have MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 and VideoPad Pro v8.40

Marc

VPJ files are normally well under 100KB.  They are used to tell the program where source files and located and how to process effects and transitions.  They are not playable.

Exported files - Mp4, MOV, AVI, etc. - can be quite large, depending upon project length and resolution.

All my files are MOV and are quite large. The extension on the sound-files is .wav, but hardly use live sound. When I will finish this project it will be almost an hour duration and maybe 4MB. How large will my MP4 file be?

Hard to predict as this will vary with export resolution and quality.

With large source files and a lengthy project you may want to consider editing it in several small parts, to ensure that it will export without freezes and missing content which can result if the program runs out of memory.

Completed work, after export, is just a file.  The original edits won't be available.  But then those files can be reimported into VP for final export.

Regularly back up your work with Save Project AS, giving it a unique name or #, so as to not overwrite earlier saves.  If Save Project (no AS) is used, it will overwrite.

Then you will be protected.

Thank you very much. I also will see if I can make the original files a smaller. I saw a file of 5 seconds with 19,4MB. When I open the same file in thumbnails it's 1,1MB but measurements are than 120x90. I keep your advice in mind.