Looping problem

Jeffkwells

I have only just installed Mixpad but have hit the following problem:

I have set a work area on a track with 2 bookmarks and enabled Loop. When I play the clip it loops as expected. However when I record or re-record the selection it carries on recording past the end of the selection. Can you help?

Are you doing the recording over the same Track, make sure that you have selected the options for the Loop on the top left side of the track section, Is this issue with any project or recording that you create. 

Thanks for your reply. Ok, that sort of works but what I'm trying to achieve is what I did back in the day on tape recordings - that is what we called a 'drop-in'. I'm recording some jazz and I want to drop-in on my solo and re-record it till I like the result. If I set the loop as you suggested, when it gets to the end of the section it immediately goes back to the beginning and starts recording again before I have time to stop it. I want it to stop at the end of the drop-in area so I can listen to the result immediately.

The other thing I would like to do is mute the original solo while I re-record it but all MixPad lets me do is mute the whole track. If I use 'silence' to mute the clip, it seems to delete it.

Thanks