No subtitles on export

TheKo

Halo,

Is there anyone who can help me with the following situation. 

I aded subtitles to a sequence of 35 minutes and I saved to mp4 format but after exporting it,  when I wanted to see the result the subtitles didn't show at all.

Can samone tell me why, please?

Hi

• What version of VP are you using?
  • Did the subtitles appear when the project was previewed?
  • When you click the subtitle box do your S/T show up in this way...
  • aa.jpg
  • i.e. Are they listed with their Show/Hide  times in a similar way to the above?
  • When you select them does the preview on the right  jump to the correct point in the sequence and show the selected S/T?

Nat

Hi,

I am using the VideoPad Profesional version. 

Yes the subt. apears when the project was previewed, the S/T shows up exactly as in your i.e. and olso in the

preview on the right  jump to the correct point in the sequence and show the selected S/T.

The probleme might be with the overley to wich I didn't pay atention.

But what strange is that  I tryed a fragment of 15 minutes and it worked. There might be something with the duration of the movie? I mean sequences biger then 15 or 20 minutes the program is unable to create them with the subtitles?

I wil try to verify the overlay.

I've just cheked if to the vertion that I have ( even if it is a Profetional one) it apears as you have shown me in you i.e. but to my vertion it doesn't apear the casette Subtitle, only Frame rate and Estimated time left.

Must I have to do some other setings?

Thenk you anyway.

Hi TheKo

Thank you for the version number. I have checked this out and you are right; there is no Subtitle Overlay option...

aa.jpg

I also tried a short clip with several S/T added to it . This played OK in the preview .......

bb.jpg

.......but non of the S/T appeared in the exported clip.

This suggests that there is a problem in this regard with that version. I think there are two options open to you if this is the case..

• Save your S/T as an SRT file. Download (or update) the latest version load your project then load the SRT file. This should enable you at least to complete the project with the original S/T. (Keep your original version exe and license etc somewhere safe and save your project beforehand.)
  • Re-write the subtitles as simple text images. These can then be added to the overlay track and adjusted in position.

Nat