Can't hear the other person

kapparo

Here's the problem:

I can't hear the other person speaking to me in Express Talk.

But:

- the ringing tone is OK

- the Audio test is OK

- the other person hears me well

- I tried all the options in Audio/Recording, Playing, Communication Device, Quality-Bandwidth with no succes

- Skype telephony is OK

- having the same optins in Ekiga under Linux and everything is OK

However, when I run the network test, Express Talk says (even if I disable the firewall, stop all the running software and Windows firewall is disabled):

"Your computer firewall seems to be blocking UDP port 8000 (or internet connection is down.

Please open your firewall software and enable UDP the SIP and RTP ports 5060, 5070, 8000, 8002, 8004, 8006...8020 to allow incoming audio packets then click Yes to try again."

However, it connects to my SIP provider and I can call and receive calls.

"Registered as: sip:xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx"

What's the matter? Why can't I hear the other person?

• 1 month later...

I got the same problem, after using express talk a couple days...

I got my sip # from Gizmo.. If I run Gizmo with Expresstalk at the same time I am not having this issue...

I hope it helps...

I am having on-hold connection problem with express talk :(

Troy

SEO Company

Here's the problem:

I can't hear the other person speaking to me in Express Talk.

But:

- the ringing tone is OK

- the Audio test is OK

- the other person hears me well

- I tried all the options in Audio/Recording, Playing, Communication Device, Quality-Bandwidth with no succes

- Skype telephony is OK

- having the same optins in Ekiga under Linux and everything is OK

However, when I run the network test, Express Talk says (even if I disable the firewall, stop all the running software and Windows firewall is disabled):

"Your computer firewall seems to be blocking UDP port 8000 (or internet connection is down.

Please open your firewall software and enable UDP the SIP and RTP ports 5060, 5070, 8000, 8002, 8004, 8006...8020 to allow incoming audio packets then click Yes to try again."

However, it connects to my SIP provider and I can call and receive calls.

"Registered as: sip:xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx"

What's the matter?  Why can't I hear the other person?

• 4 weeks later...

1) if you shut down your firewall, you haven't disabled it, firewalls remain active always regardless of whether they are on or off. You either have to configure it to "Allow All" data or uninstall them completely.

2) Try changing the RTP port in Settings -> Network to something other than 8000.

3) Try going to a site like "Shields UP" (google it) and get it to probe your port 8000 and see what it says.

4) Registration happens on port 5060, and call making/receiving happens on that port too, so we can assume your port 5060 is open. Only the audio itself happens on 8000.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I'm testing out Express Talk with Axon and using it as a PBX in our office, if I change the Port from 8000 on one of the computers will I have to change them all?

Ashley Gale

Wide Span Sheds

I have the same problem, only skype works wonderful on Linux and on Windows, why I can`t hear anything, but they hear me good? Help.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem, only skype works wonderful on Linux and on Windows, why I can`t hear anything, but they hear me good? Help.

When ExpressTalk/USB phone is installed on the same machine as Axon, there seems to be a conflict over port 8000--they both want to use it for audio? I found that I could hear/be heard within our virtual pbx from the USB phone but on calls outside I could be heard but not hear the other party. Changing the RTP port in Network Settings of ExpressTalk to 9000 has fixed the problem.

This step was not necessary when installing the same USB phone model on a different LAN node than the one on which Axon is running.

Hello,

I have similar problem.

We use Vertical TeleVantage IP PBX in office and I am looking for proper softphones. Now we have tested softphone Express Talk Business Edition as IP station for calling. Express Talk works well but we have following problem:

All is OK, if I'm calling from Express Talk to station with other softphone (from other producer, for ex. Counterpath X-Lite) or IP phone. But if I make call from Express Talk to station with other Express Talk, I don't hear called participant (but called participant hears me well). Also I find that if I (as caller) put a active call (line) to hold and subsequently cancel the hold, I hear called participant well.

I know that Express Talk Business Edition is Trial version. Is there any restriction for calling from Express Talk to Express Talk?

Thanks for any idea for resolving this problem.

Jiri Listik

I also find that my problem (I don't hear called party) occurs if called party answers call during or after second (and next) ringing.

Call is right (I hear called party) if he answers call during first ringing or without delay after first ringing.

Any idea?

Jiri Listik