Corrupt upon export and slow export

MattDust

So having a weird issue, export is taking around 14 hours... Cleared the cache of about 60gb off this one project thinking it may be that slowing it down, when it finally exported it, the rendered video says corrupt when i try to open it... I'm running, a ryzen 7 3700x, 32gb ram, 5700xt gpu... Any ideas? I've reduced the tracks etc, cleaned up overlays yet still getting the same issue.

Hi

A complex project using numerous tracks and effects, particularly if it is lengthy (hrs)  can take an appreciable time to export. (60Gb in the cache suggests you don't clear it out much or your project is pretty big.) 

What are your export settings?

Nat

What version of VP is being used?  What is is the resolution of the bulk of the source files?  And, as Nat queries, what are the export settings?

The best way to track this down is to share the project, if it's not more than a few GB.  This doesn't take long, isn't difficult and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable link to post.

Hey! So latest version of vidpad n yea I record at the highest quality in obs. So the 60gb clear out was when I finished it. My export settings were yt 1080 hd, 1080 res and constant 60fps. I've made many using everything as is, this is the first time a project has corrupted after taking an extra amount of time, usually a 20 min vid is exported in about 2 hours. I set it off again this morning and it's nearly finished but I'm expecting the finished export to be corrupt again. I can live with the time taken it's the corrupt when finished that's my main concern. 

Hey it's ok, I figured it out... turns out on one transition it wasn't taking out part of a clip! So after adjusting it, it finally managed to render in about 3 hours with a working vid... but look, thanks guys, I'm amazed at how quick you jumped on this :) so thank you! I definitely won't shy from jumping on here again if I have any issues! N just incase.... here's what you helped out with..

https://youtu.be/t7x6-AwapT8

• borate changed the title to Corrupt upon export and slow export