No audio, processing audio is never ending

Enrique Gil

What is happening to me is that I was making a video for maybe a month, I alredy finished and I was planning to export it, but suddenly when I open it the audio was gonne. Everything looks normal but with no audio. When I press the play botton, it says: One or more clips of your sequence still processing. You will not hear this clips until processing finishes. But the processing never finishes... I am scare that I lost the hole video, what can I do?

As long as you SAVEd the PROJECT FILE and didn't move any source files, nothing should be lost.

Install the current release and try again.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If audio is still missing please upload and share the project.  Someone will help solve the issue. The process isn't difficult and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Same thing happened to me.  I built a video recently using 7.11; I upgraded to 8.23 and decided to make some additions to the video.  When I attempted to insert the new sequence into the overall video and replay an exception occurred.  I've tried downloading the latest code (8.28 - which is beta by the way) and pieces of the video started disappearing.  I uninstalled 8.28 and reinstalled 8.23.  At this time when I load the project  videopad simply hangs on "processing" the audio files.  Interestingly, other nchsoftware applications can read and process the audio files just fine.  Videopad is hitting the disk hard when it is stuck in processing audio - (20 MB/s and 29% of cpu cycles).  It is as if there is some threads fighting for a semaphore file hidden on the disk somewhere that the program is waiting to clear somehow creating a livelock situation.   I might try reverting to the 7.11 version to see if that will clear it up.