Frame Rate and Video Track Layer issues

gdog

v8.16

I had a clip that was set at a lower frame rate transitioning with a cross-fade that looked fine in the sequence viewer but froze/stuttered on export during the transition.  This was limiting what I can and wanted to do with my edit but I resolved it by making the culprit tracks 100 speed.

A recurring problem I keep experiencing over several versions, that's more annoying is, I'd have two video tracks of equal length, one on top of the other.  On export, the top layer would not show for a frame on the beginning or end of the cut. Essentially blinking out the top layer on a cut.  This would not show in the sequence viewer.  The only way I've been able to fix this is reimport the finished exported video, go in and find the faulty blinks of absent frames, screenshot the frame that shows the top layer, place the screenshot over the absent frame.  And then export the video again.  This process forces me to have two exported videos, most of which are over 500+MB each.  This is makes finishing my videos even more time consuming, resource expending, and frustrating. 

We need to see the projects just as you do in order to track the issues down.  Upload and share, and mention specific times in the project that the errors occur, if possible.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

With a crop, I don't see how I could find the exact center of the image.  There's no placement "nudging" or "center guideline" locking.  The clip preview during fx also doesn't show me the under tracks so I'd have nothing to line it up with.

Why does the editor in the sequence preview show the first clip at the tail end of the cut overlapping into the second clip, when I clearly cut in the sequence?

But I suppose it's a better solution than reimport the finished exported video, go in and find the faulty blinks of absent frames, screenshot the frame that shows the top layer, place the screenshot over the absent frame.  And then export the video again. 

Why does the editor in the sequence preview show the first clip at the tail end of the cut overlapping into the second clip, when I clearly cut in the sequence?

As noted earlier, adding (any) overlay at the track 1 cut point delays the switch between clips by a few frames.  That's not right.

Clicking on the sequence should show all tracks.  There are view options under the VIEW button's drop-down menu.  But how this looks can vary with the relative resolutions of the clips.

As for crop positioning, crop the left border, then subtract its numerical value from 100.  Input the result for the right border.  That should be centered.

image.png

• borate changed the title to Frame Rate and Video Track Layer issues