Synchronize audio and photo to create a new video?

Victoris92

Hi, I need help. I am creating a video with 25 photos and with 25 different audios.  I want a synchronization of each image with the duration of its corresponding audio.

Without modifying it manually, since it would take a long time.  Please, if there is any way to automatically synchronize, tell me. Thank you.

Hi

There is no automatic synchronization  in the way you are after so it will have to be a manual procedure. It's not that complicated. With only 25 images it shouldn't take that long.

The first point to note is that VP uses the default still image duration value as set up in Menu/Tools/Options/Media for the duration of all your 25 images. So using this means all images at the start will have the same duration. This is perhaps not what you want. I am assuming then, that each sound clip will have a different duration.

One way to proceed is as follows.

1. Alter the default image duration in the Menu/Tools/Options/Media to a suitable initial value  Say, 5 seconds
  2. Load all the clips to their respective bins.
  3. Place the audio clips in order onto Audio Track 1.(If you loaded them to the bin in order they can be all grabbed at once and dropped to the timeline and they will remain in order.) Adjust their lengths if required.
  4. Place cursor at the start of the timeline
  5. Select the first image in the bin and using the menu option Place on the sequence  at the Start. (or at the cursor)
  6. Step through the timeline using >II button under the Sequence preview screen until the cursor is at the end of the first audio clip. (two clicks)
  7. Grab the right end of the first image clip and drag it out to the cursor. It will latch on when you get there. The first image is now the same duration as the first audio clip.
  8. Select the second image and using the menu Place  on the sequence  at the cursor position
  9. Again, step along  the timeline using >II button under the Sequence preview screen until the cursor is at the end of the second audio clip.(This will be two clicks.)
  10. Drag the right  end of the second clip along to the cursor as before.
  11. Continue to do this until all 25 image clips are on the timeline. Each image will now have the same duration as their respective audio clip.

See how this works for you. You could also add crossfade transitions (or similar) to each each pair of images without any problems since images never use the overlap method .

Nat