Videopad not playing any sound

phrog

I've been using videopad for just under a year now with no problems at all, but recently I've run into a problem where no audio comes from any of the clips, whether it's an mp4 clip or an mp3 clip. Nothing irregular was happening before this, and the sound was playing perfectly fine. I've checked the other topics created for this issue, but nothing has helped my problem. I've trying uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and the clips aren't muted. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :)

What version?  Have you allowed time for the project to cache  -green line should be pretty much complete above the thumbnails?

Is the volume slider (at the left of audio tracks) in the normal far-right position?

Has the SOLO button on another track been inadvertently pressed?

Drop a link to the project here, and someone will check it out.  It's not difficult, and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, the audio is working again after I restarted my drivers, though my actual computer sound was completely fine throughout this whole ordeal. Anyway, thank you so much for your help (and sorry for wasting your time) :)

No waste;  that's what the forum is for...glad it worked out.

I have no idea what I am doing. The sound is not on solo, the clips are not muted, the volume slider is all the way to the right, and my computer's sound is fine. It is this one mp4 file that won't play sound at all - others video and audio clips are included, and they work fine. It is an almost twenty minute video, and I would be so miserable if I had to re-import it all over again... I don't know how to restart drivers, and if that would help at all. Can anyone give me some help?

Does the file play okay in the PC's media player?  Did you reboot the machine?

Share that Mp4 and we'll check it out.  It's not difficult...

Upload the file to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc. Copy the URL and paste it into your post here.

• 3 weeks later...

Piggybacking this same topic:

I have 5 videos, Rag 1 to Rag 5. All work fine on my desktop. All filmed within minutes of each other. Rag 2, 3 and 4 all work fine. Rag 5 (in linked folder) has audio that cuts off 1/3rd of the way into playback in VideoPad. You can physically see the blips cut off and hear my voice right up to the point where they do so. It is fine otherwise. I've added Rag 3 as a demo of a super similar file that works perfectly. I am using the latest free trial version. Any ideas? I'm not very tech savvy.

Using a beta version 8.23, rag 5 loaded and played normally.  Nary a glitch.  What version is installed there? 

Consider installing the latest release.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi

Although your download was an exported test and not the VP project per se, Rag 5 previewed OK from end to end in VP 8.23 although green bar took a little while to complete. Did you check that caching was complete before you played it through? The downloaded file playted perfectly in VLC player also.

It might be a machine glitch, Save the project, clear the cache and try it again.

Nat

Hi

Thanks. That's what the forum is for. As problems in the latest version become apparent  from forum users comments they get checked out by other members here and solutions or workarounds suggested. Note that earlier versions of VP may have bugs that have already been noted and corrected in the latest version.That's why we often recommend downloading the latest version as a remedy.  If some problems are considered  as needing urgent attention they get reported direct to the developers and are usually corrected ASAP and that version updated. Less important bugs or enhancements generally have to wait for the next  release.

Nat

• 3 weeks later...

Me again.

I created a whole video for my class using the Free Version, but it must have expired because it's not offering any means of exporting the video.

Is there a way around this to save this one video? Or is buying the full version the only way? Not trying to skimp, but buying it is a choice based on how many videos of this ilk I will make again and I have none in the foreseeable future.

Try exporting in AVI, instead of Mp4.  If that fails, go to Windows Control Panel | PROGRAMS AND FEATURES and UNinstall Videopad.

Click where indicated if you are prompted to use the 'lite' version.

If that fails, install this version.  Still no joy?   Share your project and someone here will run it for you.  It's easy, quick, and can be private.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

My Audio was working fine until just a few days ago. I used it while I was in a google hangouts call and the audio stopped working. I’ve tried seeing if the problem with playback device but nothing changed. When I downloaded the newest version ( 8.32 ) it still didn’t work. I have no clue what to do and I’m hoping someone in this forum can help me. I also use headphones (Rig 800lx) if that makes any difference

Since Hangouts has nothing to do with Videopad and you state that audio stopped worked there, this hints at a PC issue.  Please share a file that doesn't play for you and someone will check it out.  No, using headphones should not make a difference.  Can you hear audio via your speakers?

Simply upload it to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, etc. Copy (share) the URL and paste it into your post here.

File sounds fine in a media player.  But to check it in Videopad you need to send the portable project folder, not the exported final.

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

The prior post now has the shared link, thanks.

There's nothing wrong with the audio in that project, but there is a freeze that has been corrected.

Though you say it's already in use, reinstall version 8.32, the current release.

Here's the revised portable project.  Click on DOWNLOAD to save it to the PC.  It will be on the server for only a short while.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmKCN6jvYsvCqBf95Gm1i8s-vE46?e=1vbXDW