Batch video editor with video effects plug-in filters

Russ Croucher

I am currently using VideoPad v8.04 to the max where I might image stabilized 40 videos at one time to a temporary SSD drive and then use that stabilized file to do more  processing.  One of the processing is restoring old Ektachrome film which turns bluish after a few years because of the dyes fading.  So this virtualDub plug-in solves the problem wonderfully.  My question is is there any way to get plug-ins to work with the batch mode is already built in VideoPad?  I realize there might be some licensing issues there to cause problems.  I already know I need to contact the Russian professor and get approval to use this in a commercial environment.

My favorite plug-in is this one: msu_old_color_restoration.zip

Try this...

Place the stabilized clips on the timeline and select them all.

Click the fx icon on any clip.  The effect box opens.

Click the large green + sign.

Scroll down to the plugins section. choose the color restorer and configure it

Click the sixth button from the left on the effect toolbar (replace effects in chain)

The effect should be applied to all the clips.  It was in some tests of another msu plugin here.

Yes I did verify that it does work like you said.  However, I was really looking for a complete file based outcome that batch video mode provides.  I have to write each file out from the timeline were in batch video mode it's all filename based.  But since the image stabilization was the majority of the timeframe most of it is solved.

Licensing question.  Since I have several VideoPad full-blown licenses do I have a commercial license to use image stabilization since that is an MSU older product?  I also assume I must get written approval and licensing for some of these public MSU plug-ins is that correct?  If I want to use this in a commercial environment?  Would you guys have the know-how that's laid out?