Bugs Bugs Bugs Bugs Bugs

FlyingNando SV

Frustrating, of course.  But you have backed up the project, so there's a very good chance that it can be salvaged.  Folks here will be glad to help with that if you follow a few procedures and have patience.

First, check out this FAQ.

Once a project is begun with a specific version it's usually wise to stick with that version or a close release.

But there is no downside to testing the latest version, while retaining your old license/registration info.  If it's been less than six-months since purchase, the upgrade will be free.  Even if it cannot be registered it should be fully functional during the trial period.  You can also test this slightly older version.  Installs take only seconds.

If, after these measures, the project still won't load, please do the following...

Go to the folder or folders that contain all the source files.  There should also be a VPJ file in a folder.  Zip each folder and upload it to a free server.  Or, if there are but a few files, just upload them without zipping.  Don't forget the VPJ.  Make the resulting link on the server public (share it) and post it here.  If your project contains sensitive material share it with me privately.  Click the folder at the top-right of this forum to open the messager.

The upload/sharing process allows others to see what you see.  Typical servers:  Microsoft's OneDrive or Google Drive.

We'll look forward to seeing your project or hearing that you succeeded in loading it.  In reality NCH does care, and folks here will go the extra mile to help.

4 hours ago, borate said:

Frustrating, of course.  But you have backed up the project, so there's a very good chance that it can be salvaged.  Folks here will be glad to help with that if you follow a few procedures and have patience.

Am I now being told that I need to save my project every 2seconds couz it might crash

Well then this makes this even more apps then what I am thinking

On my old laptop I had version 5.something and not once did it crash it was supper reliable 

And how can you tell me to have patience when last time I lost around 7 hrs of work as can be seen

Why is the platform now so unstable

Why did it work after for about 2 - 3 weeks fine and now it crashes

First, check out this FAQ.

Not even going to bother couz last time I went through those for nothing

Then, test the latest version, while retaining your old license/registration info.  If it's been less than six-months since purchase, the upgrade will be free.  But even if it cannot be registered it still should be fully functional during the trial period.

What trial period are you talking about, I paid for the second time why should I constantly have these issue

I don't have a trial versions - I paid money so it needs to work

So it sound's and appears that if it was after 6 months from purchase, that I would be stuck with a vesrion that is full of bugs,  this sounds like a load of crap. As after it crashes  the only way to fix was to upgrade. I paid for something and expect it to work continuously,  other wise you have not deliveredwhat I have paid for

Again,  the version 5.something that is still on my old laptop worked flawlessly - would of been quiet happy with that version - but NO, you everything gets messed with and changed and now it has bugs

WHY

If, after these measures, the project still won't load, please do the following...

Go to the folder or folders that contain all the source files.  There should also be a VPJ file in a folder.  Zip each folder and upload it to a free server.  Or, if there are but a few files, just upload them without zipping.  Don't forget the VPJ.  Make the resulting link on the server public (share it).  If your project contains sensitive material share it with me privately.  Click the folder at the top-right of this forum to open the messager.

This specific one dosent contain sensitive information and while I appreciate the offer, the software needs to work properly

It does look like I did  not loose  much this time, as when I took a break I saved it as a new project and it looks like it Auto saved an untiteled project when it crashed, however last time I lost around 7 hrs of work as described in the videos - looks like I only lost a few steps in the editing 

Most of these are Not short projects, and are done over a period of weeks

The upload/sharing process allows others to see what you see.  Typical servers:  Microsoft's OneDrive or Google Drive.

We'll look forward to seeing your project or hearing that you succeeded in loading it.  In reality NCH does care, and folks here will go the extra mile to help.

A friend that makes a living out of filming and editing(while my one is still in the hobby stages) saw me using NCH, and he liked it, however how can he make the big move and learn something new and have it full of bugs - your bugs are your own worst enemy and I can't recommend video Pad to anyone in its current state

Further, my laptop is a dedicated machine to my editing, nothing else, and no one else has access to it, my wife is about to also start ed8ting, however she will be learning on the old laptop. And once a memory stick leaves and goes to someone else's machine, it does not come back to my machine. Only my only storage devices get plugged back into my machine and never into someone else's machines

So I take extreme precautions to keep my work safe, so I don't need Video Pad to be the weakest link in me loosing work

Further, you are welcome to follow the link I posted above and go check out what I produced, the Maverick catamaran part one that is visible(yes not perfect and there are issues) is the type of videos that I am currently  busy with. Part two is already uploaded, just removed from public eye till later on this week

Currently  I film alone, and hence a lot of work trying to make something out of one footage source

And this is one of three YouTube channels that I am trying to build up

Hence why Video pad needs to work properly without regular bugs

Your link above will be of no diagnostic help.  Once a project loads it can be saved as a PORTABLE project.  That folder will include every source file and the VPJ control file.  If that is shared, others can duplicate your work. 

Usually obscure bugs do crop up, but rarely are there reports of lost work or crashes. That said, it's always wise to click SAVE PROJECT AS frequently and give it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite earlier saves.

Suggesting that you try other versions is simply an effort to get your project to load.  If it does, and you want it analysed...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.