WHY IS THIS PROGRAM SOOOOOO FRIGGGGGIN SLOOOOWWWW !!!!!

gibson23

I have had VideoPad for at least 6or 7 years.  It used to be fine.  Something changed a few years back that made everything run extremely slow.  To import a simple 2gb 20 minute file and try to edit it takes FOREVER.  It is always either waiting for the audio to sync up or something similar.  Often times it makes my whole screen go black for several seconds every time I make an edit.  I had the newest version (paid for) but that has even more bugs, so I went back to Version :???  (which is just as slow, but has fewer of the crappy bugs). 

It is NOT (REPEAT NOT) my computer.  I have plenty of RAM, Memory, etc.  I run Premiere, After Effects and other much more intensive editing programs without hitches or issues.  It is this program.  So many people have the same problem - there HAS to be a fix other than saying to check the cache (which I've done) or dropbox us the file (which is irrelevant since just about EVERYONE seems to have the same issues).

I really want to like this program.  It can be so simple and better to use that Premiere for my smaller projects.  But SOMETHING has to be done to fix these bugs.  It's CRAZY.  Is anyone else able to come up with some solutions?  Editing a program by saying "I dont feel like waiting so this cut is good enough" is not a great way to edit.

Not everyone experiences this, and caching has improved.  In the future the CPU will be better utilized.

Unless you  upload and share  the project little can be discerned.  Not irrelevant but, yes, it does take time and effort.

Folks will be glad to check it out and report the issues to the developers.

OK - let me know how/where to upload one and I will.  I will upload a simple 6 minute 12gb .mov file.  It isnt even one of the more difficult ones that makes the screen go black, etc.  It just takes forever for the audio to catch up or the preview to build so that I can play the clip in the timeline.  And I cant wait several hours for the greenline to run through a simple 6 minute video for the audio to finally get into sync.  Still, let me know how/where to upload and I will.  I am currently using version 5.20.  I purchased the newest version and tried that for a while, but it had more bugs in it - crazy stuff like if you add too many effect to a clip the video portion goes blank - unless you redo the effect in a particular order).  Version 5.20 is just as fast/slow as the newest version for me but with less bugs than the new version.

It's usually best to export with the version (or close to it) that created the project.  The 5x series is dated.

In recent years folks began to mix various resolutions and aspect ratios, which caused confusion, so newer versions reworked how certain effects are handled.  Their order can be important and the enhancements call for an increased learning curve.  While that may be frustrating at first it's not a bug.  Total backward compatibility isn't guaranteed.

Please do upload/share a project that has the issue, and create it with the latest version if possible.  The process isn't difficult.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Be sure to FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.  We'll see how it does here.