Recording audio but not mic

Siberian

I have wavepad on my Android phone and I'm trying to record audio that is playing from the internet. However at the same time it always records any outside noise through the microphone such as talking or any thing else. How do I get it to not record this outside noise and just what is running in the phone audio system.?

Usually the mic of the Cell Phone is omnidireccional so would keep the Sound for the entire area. In this case if you would like to aislate the sound, would be better to purchase a external mic, that you can add into your cell phone and do the recording avoiding this external sounds. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just happened to see this now.  DannR, I don't think you read the question correctly..  The OP does NOT want the phone to record the external sounds.  He/She just wants to record the incoming audio from the Net.

Siberian, do you want or need to listen to the stream as it's coming in?  If not, you can buy a plug with nothing on the other side,  This should eliminate your external noise problem.  If you do want or need to listen while you're recording, you can get some headphones to listen, but if they are connected to that plug, you might still get the ambient noisae.  Speakers can be used as microphones too.  :)  I don't know if using Bluetooth will still allow the ambient noise to be picked up.  You could try and experiment.