How to trim Video and Audio together

PamPurrs

Hello,

I searched but didn't find this topic....

Is there a way to trim the start of a video and trim the audio at the same time?  I tried trimming, but only the video portion trimmed but not the audio.  The result was the video and audio were way out of sync.  I wouldn't mind if there was an easy way to sync up audio and video, but it's a real PIA.

Thanks for any suggestions.

.... as a flip-side to this question, perhaps there's a way to sync the audio with the video?  I tried sliding it back and forth using the mouse, but just can't seem to get it in the right spot.  You'd think there'd be a way to type in a precise number somewhere, or a way to nudge the audio file ever so slightly.

Thanks!

Hi

".... Is there a way to trim the start of a video and trim the audio at the same time?  ..."

If the Video and the Audio are the same clip...i.e the Audio belongs to the clip... It's linked....

• Move the Red cursor line to place where you wish to trim.
  • Release the cursor line
  • Click the scissor icon that you see. Both Video and Audio tracks will be cut.
  • Right click the section to the left of the cut
  • Select Delete from the menu
  • Re-click the gap produced
  • Select Close Gap in Track

If the Audio is a separate audio clip..or it has been unlinked....

• Move the red cursor line to the point where you want to trim
  • In the Sequence Preview window click the small down arrow next to the  Split button
  • Select the tracks you wish to split. All/a specific video track/a specific audio track etc.

Moving the audio using the mouse can be quite exact if you zoom into the tracks using the mouse scroll bar (if there is one) otherwise use the Zoom slider under the tracks on the right. The audio track must be unlinked for this to work

If that is not exact enough move the red cursor line to the exact place you want to start the audio. You can step along a frame at a time if required. (Press the II<  or >II  buttons.)    Now drag the audio line (unlinked) along the track to the cursor line and it will "jump" into place at the cursor.

A specific point in the audio will need to be checked by dragging it to the cursor line and then releasing it. In this case the mouse arrow should be at the cursor line.

Nat