Importing Audio failed

Technoir84

Thank you very much.  I hadn't noticed that my audio file was indeed some kind of video file, despite not having any visible video when playing it.

Sadly, the stream of strange errors has not stopped...

• I locked all existing video and audio tracks
  • I imported the mp3 audio file
  • So far no issue and the mp3 soundtrack plays normally in its own audio track. 
  • I cut the audio file into different short segments, in order to assign different volume levels to each
  • Upon playing the entire thing from the beginning, I noticed that the video was now totally wrong.  Around 0.42 the video ignores the media on the video track, and apparently plays itself again from the beginning!    (despite the video track being locked)

I closed the file without saving, tried the same thing over a dozen times with the same result, ruling out the possibility of a unique glitch 😪

I don't know how much patience you have, but here is a link to the portable folder:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LXPnaA5fdKnwsVOSN6z8P9uvsi8CRtwR

Thank you..!

Which VP version created this project?

Here is the revised project (click the DOWNLOAD button, unzip, click the vpj file)...    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmKCN6jvYsvCnlI5z4exfiRyEitW?e=FbGBPF   The changes...

There was an :06 video hole after the first slide, which was extended and then dissolved to first watch.  Perhaps there was missing video, as prompted when the project loaded (see below).

Several minute black holes were covered.  When overlay tracks are used, be sure to align them with the lower track, so there's no gap.  Overlapping the overlay slightly is one way.

Removed all apparently unused rotation effects.

Added a fade at about 1:45 to make a jump less noticeable.

The "Commitment" slide was misspelled, and fixed.

Fades were added to both video and audio.

A few v7.30 bugs related to playing/exporting your project have been noted to the developers.

Send a watch via UPS. ^_^

Watches_missing_files.gif

Hi man,  thanks for the hard work.  Looks like I need a degree in IT to be a successful editor 😅

My version is v7.12. 

I downloaded your folder, but found that it contains 4 jpeg images, could not locate the vpj file ?

I played with it over the last few days, and the behavior of the program is so bizarre, it really looks like a major software bug.   Instead of playing the video track from beginning to end, around halfway into it, the preview screen shows the video playing again from the beginning (even though the media loaded in video track is still there).  In other words, there is a mismatch between the media loaded into video track, and the preview window.

There are no problems with the video until I upload the soundtrack and cut it into smaller segments to attribute different volume to each.  😥

Hello !

Thank you very much to help fix things.   I tried fixing it myself but never found out what happened, I worry this will happen again with every video I add an audio track to.

It looks like we're 99% there.  The only issue now is that there are no volume controls on each audio track segment.   Previously, I was able to adjust the volume of each segment on the audio track, but these controls are now gone.  The only option to change the volume is on the far left.

https://ibb.co/ykqq1bX

Update:  I installed the newlry released version 7.30  and maybe this fixed the issue...

Unlock the audio tracks.  The volume controls are still there, if the project (not the export) is loaded.  Either double-click the clip on the sequence, to bring up the audio waveform in the preview window - where gain can be adjusted by dragging the blue line - or click on the speaker icon in each clip.

There's no reason that adding audio should adversely affect a project.  Use FILE|SAVE PROJECT AS regularly, giving it a unique # or name.

image.png