Subtitles not Displaying on Export v7.11

gdog

Unable to spot a problem with version 7.11 here.  Subtitles looked fine on two tested exports.

Did you remember to click APPLY after creating the subs?

If that's not the issue, try reinstalling the program ... or upgrade.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

What??? I didn't know that. Even for lifetime licensers? That's absurd, especially with how buggy this software is.

I don't know what the problem is with the subtitles either; it seemed to work on a previous project. I reinstalled, same thing. Was hesitant to upgrade, since versions aren't always backwards compatible but I upgraded to v.7.30 and it works.

Backward compatibility is normally good.  Recently, improvements necessitated changes where some effects or aspect ratios from past versions may not render correctly.

Thus it's wise to export with the same, or a close version in time, to the one that edited and saved the project.

VP is in a constant state of development.  Bugs are quickly addressed and can be reported by clicking the HELP menu chevron at the right-top of the VP window.

You can always install the latest unlicensed version, to see if you like it.  Features will be limited after a period of time.  Retain your old installer, or find it in this path...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

No other reports of missing subtitles have been posted AFAIK.