Version 7.25 free preview resolution

NebelNZ

Hi

Stretch out the preview panel to see all the Aspect Ratio controls under the Sequence Preview panel as these may be hidden . Left click the down chevron to see a list of choices.

Selecting Match Monitor will show the appearance of the export (at the selected resolution) on your current monitor.

aa.jpg

This image is 2560 x 1920 (1.333)  My monitor is set at 1024 x 768 (1.333) so looks OK in the preview. Note though that the thumbnails are 16:9 (1.777) and image therefore fits top/bottom but has black bars to either side.

If the selection 16:9 is made the preview screen will have black bars to either side as it is now 16:9 .

bb.jpg

Nat

There is really no way to change preview resolution now?! I had a registered old version of videopad, that I paid a lot for, and then updated to the latest version, which I had to pay even more for even though I bought the earlier version. Now we can't change preview resolution unless we change the actual desktop resolution? Why would that be a good idea? I can't really run below 1920x1080, and I do complex videos and often run previews at 800x600 or less to prevent issues. How do I revert back?

When you state "prevent issues" - what issues, specifically?

Choosing MATCH CONTENT may be better for your purposes, to track sources.  And though they aren't resolution, per say, note the new effects Aspect Ratio options.

To revert, simply install your older version and register if necessary.  It doesn't expire.  The installer is normally saved in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

If it's missing, get it here.

3 minutes ago, borate said:

When you state "prevent issues" - what issues, specifically?

Choosing MATCH CONTENT may be better for your purposes, to track sources.  And though they aren't resolution, per say, note the new effects Aspect Ratio options.

To revert, simply install your older version and register if necessary.  It doesn't expire.  The installer is normally saved in "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

If it's missing, get it here.

Thanks for the link. I run a yt channel and it has a lot of edits and cuts, to the point of the software often being barely able to run even if I set the preview resolution to super low. I get videopad may not be the most optimal software but I like it.