Imported Audio Issues

Rory McEntyre

I've been working on a video with VideoPad and had no issues with any of my imported audio files until one.  It was a voice recording I made using Audacity.  The file sounds fine when played in Audacity or via any other media player but when I load it onto VideoPad, the waveform is just a solid line all the way across and there's zero sound.  

Hi

There is some info regarding this at the head of the forum.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

Use the option File/Save Portable project as  This copies all your clips etc with a vpj file to your designated folder. (Note this is not simply Save Project....It is Portable Project)   Zip the files if necessary and post to dropbox (or similar file sharing site)  Make the file public. You will be supplied with a link that you can post here. Someone here can then download and take a look at the problem.

Nat

Both files loaded and played fine in VP 7.25.  If you have your installer file, open Control Panel|PROGRAMS AND FEATURES, right-click on the Videopad entry and uninstall it.

Then reinstall.  That may repair damaged components.  Report your results here.

Well this is interesting...as I attempt to uninstall it, it tells me it can't find a file and cancels the download.🤨

Update: Managed to reinstall it.  Turns out, I had some memory issues going on.  Moved a few things around, re-downloaded and re-installed and PRESTO!...works just fine.

I must say, I'm very surprised at both the speed and level of help found here.  I usually try the go-it-alone approach as I've found many forums to either have very little activity or very little in the way of actual, helpful information.  I very much look forward to speaking with you again as I'm sure I'll do yet something else wrong and not be able to figure it out.  Truly, thank you for your assistance.👍

Edited by Rory McEntyre
Problem Resolved!