Ronw7341

After I make changes to a video, I go to Export, then to Video File, select the name of the file being edited, I then get an Export Queue dialog box, if I click to overwrite the existing file with the changes I've made, I get a red error message "Failed: File Not Writable.  May be in use."   Am I doing something wrong or is it possible to have the system overwrite the previous file?  What I've done so far is rename the second copy adding an "A" to the end of the name so it becomes unique and the system creates another copy.  I then delete first copy and rename second copy to the first copy name.  It's just a work around I've found but there must be a better way.  I hope you can help.  Thanks.  Ron 😡

This has been noted in past versions, with the workaround as you describe. If the file is open in a viewer, overwrite won't succeed.

But in several tests of beta 7.25 overwrite worked well.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.

Retain your old install file.  It normally archived in this path:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"

Borate, thanks for your response, but I'm confused as to what I am to do.  I am a licensed user.  Are you telling me to run the beta 7.25 and if so will that correct the problem or not?  If there is a question about that, do you think I'd be better off just to keep what I have and use my work a round procedure.  Thanks for your help and insight.  Ron

In numerous tests with 7.25 here the issue didn't surface.  That's not to say it won't, but it's worth a try.  If the file is open, as in a player, VP cannot overwrite it.

Retain your old installer, which is normally saved in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad" path.  You can always revert.

Keep in mind that upgrades are free for six-months from date of purchase.