Problem with Resized gif file in Videopad 7.11

Matt Duncan

Previously I use an animated gif file as part of my closing sequence & until 7.10 every copy of this gif I inserted; note these have always been resized IOT fit where required, & they have always appeared sharp and in focus.
Since 7.10 each time I resize the gif it now appears pixelated & out of focus.
Is there a setting I need to use to ensure that the resize doesn't change the look of the file to a pixelated blob?

HI

1. What dimension is your raw animated gif?
  2. Are you reducing or enlarging the .gif in size to fit if so to what size?
  3. Are you using the  Scale or Zoom effect to do this?
  4. Is the pixelation seen in the export or in the VP previe?  If in the preview check the preview display parameters they may have a bearing on how it looks.(But not the export)
  5. What are the export parameters?

Using VP 7.11 here an animated gifs look OK both in preview and when exported as .mp4. Sharpness is slightly less but these are vector images with many narrow lines so massive degredation would stand out.

Nat

On 5/15/2019 at 5:35 PM, Nationalsolo said:

HI

1. What dimension is your raw animated gif?
  2. Are you reducing or enlarging the .gif in size to fit if so to what size?
  3. Are you using the  Scale or Zoom effect to do this?
  4. Is the pixelation seen in the export or in the VP previe?  If in the preview check the preview display parameters they may have a bearing on how it looks.(But not the export)
  5. What are the export parameters?

Using VP 7.11 here and animated gifs look OK both in preview and when exported as .mp4. Sharpness is slightly less but these are vector images with many narrow lines so massive degredation would stand out.

Nat

1 .Base Scale is 183 x 171
2. Reducing to fit as the inserted gif (whilst looking good is too large for the project when inserted)
3. Always have used the scale effect to do it & prior to 7.10 it worked fine with no loss of quality.
4. Pixelation (loss of quality) seen in both preview & final export.
5. Export parameters are 1920 x 1022 60fps

Well right now something has changed as I said prior to 7.10 everytime I did it the same gif turned out perfectly but now they suck.

Tested a static 183x171 gif in v7.11, scaled down 50% in VP and exported at the source resolution.

Export did appear to be more pixelated than the output of v7.04, which you can download here for comparison.

However, when it and a few animated gifs were exported at 1920x1022 (60) in v7.11 they looked okay.

Word has it that some SCALE issues should be resolved in the next release.  Perhaps this will affect your results??

11 hours ago, borate said:

Tested a static 183x171 gif in v7.11, scaled down 50% in VP and exported at the source resolution.

Export did appear to be more pixelated than the output of v7.04, which you can download here for comparison.

However, when it and a few animated gifs were exported at 1920x1022 (60) in v7.11 they looked okay.

Word has it that some SCALE issues should be resolved in the next release.  Perhaps this will affect your results??

Thanks for that I came up with a work around that required Photoshop where I created a larger canvas size until I go the desired ratio for my Project so I will keep using 7.11 but look forward to any fixes.
👍

I have found the same problem of VideoPad only in version 7.11.  No problem at all in version 6.1.  The software is not able to downgrade the .vpj file to lower version.  Therefore I need to redo the project once again with version 6.1 and that s really bad.