Cannot see text in previewer

Tim1357

Hi everyone!  I have dragged my audio into audio track 1 and my titles into video track 1. I can hear the music, but I can't see the titles in the previewer. It's probably something simple, but I am a new user. Thanks! Tim

Certainly should be there.  It might be on track one, by itself, or on track two, where it would be superimposed over the track one background.

Be sure that the font color isn't the same as a background.  Confirm that the scrubber (red line) is within the clip on the timeline.

Hi

Check that there is not another clip on a higher track that is hiding the title on Video Track 1. If you have placed it on track 1 as you describe and have retained a clear background it will appear with a black background in the sequence preview screen but with a chequered background in the clip preview screen. if you have used black text in this case it won't be seen in the sequence or the sequence preview, the whole screen will appear black......... Note the position of the red cursor line and the appearence of the text on Video Track 1 which suggests it ought to be visible........ The dual preview screens show why it won't be seen....

aa.jpg

If you set up like this (above) use a colour other than black for your text. If you have a clip and want the text to show over it place the title on Video track 2...... Here I have used yellow text with a red outline and placed on Video Track2 over the clip on Video Track 1. Note the position of the red cursor line through both clips.....

bb.jpg

Nat