Converting Audio File Failed

Lori

My last two depos, I've gotten an error message "converting audio file failed" when I've tried to move my mp3 files into Express Scribe directly from my DVR.   This is happening on only one of my DVRs - -the other one converts just fine.

Any idea why this is happening?  I can transfer the files to my desktop and play there but just not loaded on Express Scribe.

Thanks! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having the same problem all of a sudden after using Express Scribe for 7 years.  Have started using it on my new iMac for the first time about one month ago but was all good.  Deleted files from "Recover Old Dictations" tab but did not fix the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?  

• 1 month later...

I have had this problem twice now.  There was never a problem on my PC and only since I moved over to my new Mac.  It worked after I had a good night's sleep .. go figure.  But I need to type this time immediately as time sensitive medical typing.  I have written to the company and had no reply.  Have deleted the files from "recover old dictations" .. something I did not have to do in the seven years I typed using Express Scribe on my PC.  No help.  No time for a nap .. 

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but hoping someone might be able to tell me what or how things where fixed. We are trying to do .dss files - working file and no hardware or anything have changed but all of a sudden no longer working. Seems to get hung up on the SwiftConverter - have tried different computers, different files, different users, deleted everything in the library files that I can fine and reinstalled. Still not able to open the .dss files. Any suggesetions. Have contacted support but still waiting responce.