Copy effect to additional images

DanielB

I am working on a project where I show a few seconds of a process video segment, then I want to bring in the result of the process as a still image and enlarge or scale it on the screen to read the number or result, then reduce or scale it back to tiny size out of sight.

I did figure out the keyframes to achieve this for one segment but then need to repeat that same process for the next few segments and I want the time and sizing to be identical for all images.

Q: is there a way to copy or clone the effects and keyframes used in either a video segment or a single image (photo) to other images?  I looked for a way to copy, duplicate, match properties etc and did not see anything.

Thanks for any assistance.

DB

Hi

You can save your effect as a Chain Template when you set it up.This option is in the Effects window and looks like a  blue floppy disc icon.

As you haven't seemed to have done this when setting up your Scale effect. It's not too late so.

Do this..

• Open your project and click on the FX box at the left hand end of the clip to which you have applied your effect. (The FX should be highlighted blue)This will open the effects window for that clip. The effect you created for that clip will now be visible with keyframes in the graph area and the values in the parameter boxes like when you set it up.
  • Click the 4th tab along above the left hand side of the Effects window..It will be a blue cassette icon.(If you hover over this it will title up as "Save as effect chain template")
  • Enter the name of your template in the small window that comes up followed by Save.

Now whenever you want to use this effect again  on a another clip  or a copy clip.....

• Click the FX box for the clip concerned to open the Effects window
  • Click the Green + to open the list of effects.
  • Scroll down to the section labelled Templates. You will now see your saved template.
  • Select this to apply it to the clip concerned.

Nat

Nat,

Thank you for the reply.  I had actually deleted the effect and moved on to just showing a static image for now ( I needed to show mgmt something for the first review).
I will go back and work with this process again so I understand it and can then apply it.

I use the home edition at home and just recently purchased the pro edition for the office.

Again thanks for the assistance and I'm looking forward to being a member of the forum.

DB

Edit:  That worked like a champ!  Can't believe I did not find it when searching methods earlier.

Thanks!

Edited by DanielB
follow-up comment